Who can join?
By joining the Library you can enjoy using our Collections, study spaces and services.
- Most University of London students and staff get free access. Paid memberships are available for Alumni. Find out more about University of London and Alumni memberships .
- PhD level researchers and academic staff from the UK and overseas universities can get free access. Paid memberships are available for the public with special discount rates for Camden Residents. Find out more about Other Memberships.
How to join
- Choose your membership type from University of London or Other Memberships.
- Register online.
- Visit the Membership Desk, Senate House, 4th floor in person with the correct ID.
- University of London students should have their college ID card with them.
- All other memberships require two original documents, one showing proof of address (such as a utility bill) and one with photo ID (a driving licence or passport). Find out more about ID requirements.
Please read the Library Regulations before taking up your membership, and note that paid memberships are non-refundable.
Get in touch
Talk to Information Services about joining the Library. You can email email@example.com, telephone +44 (0)20 7862 84610 or write to Information Services (Membership) Senate House Library, Malet Street, London, WC1H 7HU.