New to the Library? Take the Quick Start Tour.
Familiarising yourself with our services will help you get the best out of the Library.
Borrow and return books
- Your borrowing allowance.
- How to borrow and renew books.
- How to return books.
- How to reserve a book.
- Information about Library notices.
- Information about fines.
- Using our Postal Loans service.
- Check your Library record.
- Help using the Library Catalogue.
The Fetch Service
- How to use the Fetch Service (items fetched for you by staff from the ‘closed access’ parts of the Library).
Notebook, and iPad loans
- Free loans of Apple MacBook Pros & Airs, Windows notebooks and iPads (within the Library) using our Everyware Service.
Copy, scan and print
- Help and information connecting to WiFi.
Rent a private study carrel
- Your own private study room within the Library.
Venue hire, and Filming
- Find out how to hire a room or Library space for your event.
- You can bring bottled water into the main Library. (Please note: bottled water is not allowed in the reading area of the Historic Collections reading room.)
- The bottled water vending machine is opposite the Service Desk, 4th floor.
- There are two (free) water dispensers in the Service Hall, 4th floor, one by the vending machine and the second next to the self-return machine.
- The South Block Cafe is on the ground floor (directly behind the Ceremonial Staircase). The Cafe serves hot and cold food and drinks.