Borrow, and return books
- Find items
- Your borrowing allowance
- Borrow and renew books
- Return books
- Reserve books
- Email notices
- Postal Loans
- Check your Library record
- Use the Library Catalogue
Use the Fetch Service – Items fetched by staff from the ‘closed access’ areas of the Library.
Notebook, and iPad loans
Everyware Service – Free loans within the Library of Apple MacBook Pros & Airs, Windows notebooks and iPads.
Copy, scan, print
- Coping, printing and scanning
- Use the Reproductions Service
- Digitisation Service (The Digitisation Studio produces colour-profiled, quality-assured, high-resolution digital images to meet your requirements. Small and medium-scale digitisation projects including work with rare and fragile books and archives, with support from the Library’s two professional conservators).
Rent a private study carrel, and Venue hire
- Rent a private study room
- Hire a room or Library space – For conferences, book launches, events, society meetings.
Library Guides – Help with classmarks, copyright, information for SAS students and staff, Library Catalogue EndNote filter, eBooks, map holdings, newspapers and current affairs.
Training and induction sessions
Book a training, induction session for your students.
- Visit the Library shop
- Make an interlibrary request
- Accessibility services – proxy borrowers, extended loans, book fetching.
Cafe, and drinking water
The South Block Cafe is located on the ground floor (directly behind the Ceremonial Staircase). It serves hot and cold food and drinks. You can bring bottled water into the main Library (but not the Special Collections reading room). Water dispensers are located in the Service Hall, 4th floor.