Pay a fine for an overdue book.
Find, borrow, and return books
- Use the Library Catalogue, and find items
- Find out your borrowing allowance
- Borrow and renew books, and return books
- Postal Loans, and interlibrary requests
Reserve books, and check your Library record
- Reserve books – currently on loan to another reader.
- Check your Library record – to see how many items are on loan, and to renew books.
Fines, and notifications
Using the Fetch Service – this is for items fetched by staff from the ‘closed access’ areas of the Library.
Notebook, and iPad loans
Everyware Service – Free loans within the Library of Apple MacBook Pros & Airs, Windows notebooks and iPads.
Connect to WiFi – setup instructions fr your device.
Copy, scan, print
- Coping, printing and scanning – using the multifunctional scanner / printers in the Library.
- Use the Reproductions Service
- Digitisation Service – quality-assured, high-resolution digital images for small and medium-scale digitisation projects including work with rare and fragile books and archives, with support from the Library’s two professional conservators.
Rent a private study carrel, and Venue hire
- Rent a private study room – your personal study space.
- Hire a room or Library space – For conferences, book launches, events, society meetings.
Library Guides, training sessions
- Library Guides – Help with classmarks, copyright, information for SAS students and staff, Library Catalogue EndNote filter, eBooks, map holdings, newspapers and current affairs.
- Book a training or induction session for your students.
- Visit the Library shop – offering a selection of Library related books, bags, and stationery.
- Accessibility services – proxy borrowers, extended loans, book fetching.
Cafe, and drinking water
The South Block Cafe is located on the ground floor (directly behind the Ceremonial Staircase). It serves hot and cold food and drinks. You can bring bottled water into the main Library (but not the Special Collections reading room). Water dispensers are located in the Service Hall, 4th floor.
Tell us what you think
Share feedback about our services.
View the Library Regulations – please do read them.