We can supply copies of most items in our collections through our Reproductions service. You do not need to be a member of the Library or visit in person to order a Reproduction.View Reproductions Guide (PDF, 460KB)
Reproductions can be supplied either as photocopies in PDF, or JPEG/TIFF image files at resolutions of up to 600dpi. Photocopies and Images can also be supplied on paper, in colour or black and white.
- If an item is in copyright, Reproductions are supplied only for non-commercial research or private study.
- If the item is a published copyright work (e.g. a book or journal), the amount that can be copied is limited to around 5% of the item.
- Copyright artistic works (e.g. maps, photographs, diagrams) may only be supplied alongside other works – e.g. they may be reproduced as part of a book chapter or journal article, but not by themselves.
- Reproductions supplied by the Library may not be publicly disseminated – e.g. published, exhibited, displayed on websites or broadcast – without the Library’s prior, written permission. You can apply for permission the using online order form below, either when you order the Reproduction or at a later date.
We may not be able to supply Reproductions of material that is fragile or is likely to be damaged by copying. We will copy from surrogates where available, but do reserve the right to decline to supply Reproductions for conservation reasons.
PricesPrices from 1 Oct 2012 (PDF, 406KB)
Placing an order
If you are ordering a Reproduction of material you are consulting in the Library, complete an order form in the Historic Collections Reading Room. Otherwise, complete our online order form. You can also use this online form to apply for permission to use Reproductions we have already supplied.
- We will then contact you to confirm whether we can supply your Reproduction, usually within a few days – depending on whether you placed your order in the Library or from elsewhere.
- If we can, we will send you a Payment Summary confirming the amount payable; you can then make a secure online credit or debit card payment via the University’s website.
- If the item is in copyright and you have ordered using the online order form, we will also send you a copyright declaration for you to sign and return to us.
- Once we have received payment (and your copyright declaration, if required) we will supply your Reproduction, usually within a few days – although larger orders may take several days.
- PDF Photocopies and JPEG/TIFF image files are normally supplied via web download: we will email you a link so you can download the files. They can be saved to a CD instead if you prefer.
- Paper Photocopies (and CDs) can be collected from the Library, or shipped by first class post (within the UK only), Airmail or Parcel Force.
University of London Examination Papers
To order PDF or paper copies of University of London Examination Papers, please click here. There is a standard charge per set of school examination papers. Once you have placed an order for examination papers, copies will normally be shipped within a few days.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44(0) 207 862 8447